A marriage made in ultra-lux heaven.
From the Press Release:
The partnership between BUGATTI and TIDAL Audio begins with the “Royale” range of speakers that lead the way for luxury in the home audio sector. Technical avant-garde meets a passion for design, the perfect finish and outstanding results – with the visual promise of the breathtaking performance that follows. Just as the engine of a Bugatti hyper sports car releases power and emotions, this unrivaled sound impresses with its finest definition and incredible power.
We in hifi known that TIDAL is a speaker company while Tidal is a streaming service, i.e. different companies. Some in the auto world, like Automobile Magazine didn’t get the memo, “The Bugatti Royale returns, but this time, it’s not as a car. Instead, the French automaker pins the name to a new home audio system it’s created in conjunction with Tidal, the lossless audio—and high-definition video—streaming service.”
The first speakers born of this union are the ROYALE Limited Edition (15 pairs), offered in two finish options — ROYALE Edition Blanc and ROYALE Edition Noir. [footnote 1] In addition, when non-limited production pairs are avialable, buyers can opt to customize their ROYALE with carbon fiber, fabrics, leather, polished stainless steel, dark aluminum or precious metal surfaces.
The ROYALE are active speaker(!) and offer Ethernet/LAN and XRL inputs. Information on the matching TIDAL for BUGATTI “Royale MC-1” is limited to — allows to connect to all kinds of sources, including music streaming services and TV and can be controlled with smart devices.
The Press Release did not include pricing information. I didn’t ask.
- 4-way hybrid-active multichannel powered loudspeaker
- 3D-shaped multi chamber monocoque cabinet (MONOCOQUE) and dual-shell cabinet (DUOTONE) made out of TIDAL’s proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT™
- 1 x 30 mm high efficiency diamond tweeter
- 1 x 127 mm high efficiency ceramic midrange driver or 1 x 127 mm high efficiency diamond midrange-woofer (performance upgrade)
- 2 x 170 mm front woofers with aluminum diaphragm
- 4 x 265 mm long throw subwoofers with aluminum diaphragm
- Connection inputs: LAN, XLR, power cord input
- Adjustments: bass, speaker placement, power mode
- Estimated source: TIDAL for BUGATTI “Royale MC-1”
- Speaker dimensions and weight: 144 cm x 28 cm x 60 cm. 2 x 160 Kg (without packaging)
1. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris? Royale with Cheese. — JULES, Pulp Fiction