The new Technics SU-G700M2 Integrated Amplifier inherits some higher tech from the company’s flagship
From the press release:
The SU-G700M2 inherits Technics full-digital core amplifier technologies such as the JENO Engine (Jitter Elimination and Noise-Shaping Optimization) for highest signal precision free of jitter and distortion, and LAPC (Load Adaptive Phase Calibration) for optimum matching to any speaker.
Seeking further improvement, the new SU-G700M2 incorporates the following technologies:
- An Advanced Speed Silent Power Supply (AS²PS), incorporating “fast” semiconductor parts such as GaN (Gallium-Nitride) FETs and Silicium Carbide (SiC) Diodes for a much more reactive, efficient supply of current to the power stage for higher drivability of speakers. This approach leans on the power supply of the SU-R1000 reference amplifier
- Improved sound image and dynamic power, combining low distortion and high transparency with energetic drive, improved sound stage and precise focus of voices and instruments without sharpness
- A high-quality MC phono input stage (in addition to MM input) for direct connectivity to turntables with highly preferred MC pickup cartridges
- Phono Input Phase selector for optimized playback of mainly older vinyl discs recorded with inverted phase
- Volume and source knobs now have the aluminum “spin” texture also derived from the SU-R1000 Reference Amplifier for clear distinction from the original SU-G700
The SU-G700M2 is priced at $2,699 and will be available beginning in October 2021 dressed in silver or black hairline-brushed aluminum.
Company Website: Technics