Let’s face it: Bluesound hit it out of the proverbial hifi park with the original NODE DAC/Streamer that balanced price & performance rivaling peanut butter & jelly. OK, maybe that’s going too far. But some people still want a better NODE.
The new Limited Edition Anniversary Edition NODE X adds the upgraded ESS 9028Q2M Sabre DAC, a THX AAA™ (Achromatic Audio Amplifier) headphone amp, and fancier silver finish.
“When we thought about how to celebrate a decade of audio excellence and leadership in wireless hi-res streaming, we knew we had to start with the NODE,” says Matt Simmonds, Product Manager of Bluesound. “The NODE X re-imagines some of the best parts of the critically acclaimed, iconic NODE’s product design – our most popular model – and takes ’just add streaming’ to new performance levels for the next generation of audiophiles. I’m particularly excited to see how our customers use the NODE X with their favorite pair of performance headphones.”
For those new to the Bluesound NODE (really?), it’s a Roon Ready streamer + DAC that offers a long list of features including:
- 6.35mm / 1/4” Wired Headphone Output
- Wireless Bluetooth Headphone Output
- Quad-core 1.8GHz ARM® CORTEX™ A53 Processor
- HDMI eARC, Optical & Analog Inputs
- Stereo Analog Output
- Optical, Coaxial & USB Audio Outputs
- BluOS™ Wireless Multi-room Music Capability
- MQA Music and Hi-res Audio Streaming
- AirPlay 2 Integration
- Works With Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Dual-band Wi-Fi & Gigabit Ethernet
- Two-way aptX™ HD Bluetooth
- IR Remote Learning Capability
- IR Input
- 12V Trigger Output
- Wired & Wireless Subwoofer Output
- Touch Controls with Presets
- RC1 Remote Control Included
The new Limited Edition Anniversary NODE X, limited to availability during Bluesound’s anniversary year, is shipping now for $749.
Company Website: Bluesound