When it comes to listening to music on my desktop and on the road, I’m an AudioQuest DragonFly Red man. But have I mentioned one of my favorite colors is blue?
The new DragonFly Cobalt () offers improved performance over the DragonFly Black ($99.95) and Red ($199.95), according to the company. Did I mention I’m also a fan of better?
Here’s the low down on What’s New in the Cobalt:
- New, more advanced ESS ES 9038Q2M DAC chip with a minimum-phase slow roll-off filter for more natural sound.
- Microchip’s superb PIC32MX274 microprocessor draws less current and increases processing speed by 33%.
- Improved power-supply filtering that specifically increases immunity to WiFi, Bluetooth, and cellular noise.
- Includes AudioQuest’s new DragonTail USB-A (female) to USB-C (male) adaptor to easily accommodate the increasing number of electronic devices that feature USB-C ports.
- Contoured enclosure measures just 2.26” x 0.73” x 0.47” (57.5mm x 18.6mm x 11.9mm), making the latest DragonFly 10% smaller than its predecessors.
My DragonFly Cobalt review unit is en-route to the Barn as I type. Stay tuned.