Meters. You had me at meters.
Designed by industry veteran Peter Madnick, who you may know from his time with Constellation Audio, ELAC, or as the founder of Audio Alchemy (!), the all analog fully discrete StudioPhono has been designed to fulfill your analog needs.
From the press release:
The all-analog, fully discrete MasterPhono was designed by Peter Madnick, a highly esteemed audio engineer with a long and stellar track record in the high-performance audio industry. Featuring a dual chassis design housed in a single enclosure, the MasterPhono can effortlessly accommodate any Moving Magnet (MM) or Moving Coil (MC) cartridge in today’s marketplace, even ultra-low impedance MC’s thanks to a “current input”. Furthering the stature of this exceptional device are separate inputs, both balanced and single-ended outputs, and a plethora of user-configurable settings, all accessible via the front panel. The multi-function meters exude MasterPhono’s true analog nature. Finally, a USB input allows for new features and software updates as they become available.
MoFi Electronics MasterPhono Significant Design Features:
- Both standard signal input (“Voltage Input”) via RCA & XLR and “Current input” for use with low source-impedance phono cartridges, via RCA or XLR, utilizing “Trans-impedance dynamic loading”.
- Dual-chassis construction that isolates power supply and audio circuits, featuring a separately isolated chassis and signal grounding post for the lowest overall system noise.
- 4 switchable gain settings of 40db, 50db, 60db and 70db.
- 10 switchable impedance loading adjustments, including a “Custom” via RCA plug on rear panel.
- Fully discrete circuitry from input to output including fully balanced, DC coupled and servo controlled circuit from the high pass filter to the output jacks.
- Passive RIAA exclusively using stringent parts selection; NOS polystyrene and polypropylene film/foil capacitors with better than 1% precision, as well as all critical resistors with tolerances 0.1% or 0.5% for precise filtering and voltages.
- Cascaded voltage regulation stages to help achieve the lowest possible noise floor.
- Remote control operation for input selection, gain adjustment, mute, mono operation, meter operation and subsonic filter.
- Left and Right meters for output monitoring and calibration purposes.
- Extreme RIAA accuracy of ±0.05db and frequency response of 10Hz–50KHz ±0.20db.
- Maximum S/N Ratio (A-weighted) of 93dB for MM cartridges and 85dB for MC cartridges
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 17 x 3.5 x 15.75” / 43.2 x 8.9 x 40 cm; Weight: 15 lbs. / 6.8 Kg.
The MoFi MasterPhono will be available beginning June, 2023 with an MSRP of $4,995. You can also catch a glimpse and listen at Munich High End 2023, Atrium 4.1, rooms F126/F127.
Company Website: MoFi Electronics